Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bree and Dave's wedding




Bree and I met the summer of 08' after I responded to her ad she posted on Craigslist; "Looking for a Designer for my Anthropologie/Vintage style wedding." We were a great match, you gotta love Craigslist! We worked together for the next 10 months as I consulted her on all aspects/design elements for her wedding. Bree has great design sense with a terrific eye for detail; it was so wonderful to have a client like her to work with. They got married at the beautiful Vibiana venue in downtown LA this past May. They had an outdoor patio ceremony and an indoor reception inside the gorgeous converted cathedral. Cobalt blue, aqua, gold and coral were the colors to create this vintage/modern theme. The coral peonies created the most gorgeous pop of color that was sought throughout the room. Most things were hand crafted from the mossed letters (B & D) for the front gate to vintage postcard flowers, vintage paper floral garland and much more. To hand craft most of the decor as well as involve the client is always so much fun! Bree had left me on her wedding day "to do my thing" so she didn't see the place set-up until she walked in right before the ceremony to take pictures. When I saw her in her gown I just melted, she looked so beautiful. The gratitude she expressed to me by how pleased she was with the space was truly so rewarding. I was thrilled that I had the opportunity to provide my services to Bree and Dave on a day they will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment