Saturday, May 15, 2010

Driftwood Succulent Arrangement








I've come across these driftwood, succulent creations made by some local artists. I have seen them sell at Farmers Markets, the Abbot Kinney Festival in Venice and other shops around in beach communities. My great friend Dana has seen them with me and has always said "you can make that and sell them too!" So for her birthday this month I made her my first driftwood succulent arrangement. It's an organic process since the driftwood takes its own shape when putting the pieces together. The one I created for Dana was made up of two pieces of driftwood, about 5 or so succulents, soil and Spanish moss. I added them to my Etsy shop and I am in the process of creating different types. They make beautiful centerpieces for indoor or outdoor areas. It think they would be perfect as part of decor for a wedding. Dana loved her birthday present and added it to her beach styled bathroom at home.

3 comments:

  1. THAT's a FABULOUS idea! LOVE IT LOVE IT~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popped in from Brooke's blog, these are gorgeous! Checking your Etsy shop next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! We live near a rock and driftwood beach and though I've collected a few pieces of the driftwood for other things - I've never thought of this! Great work - thanks for sharing, and inspiring. Popped over from Brooke's blog - off to see more of yours!

    ReplyDelete